Tuesday 31 August 2010

Out of the woods

Major triumph this afternoon - made it to the top of the hill in Woodthorpe Park, after being wiped out all weekend. This is the view from the top. Hard to believe it's in the middle of a city.

Thanks to those people who have contacted me wishing me well after the last blog. After getting off lightly with the first three chemos, this drug seems to bring on the entire symptom list from shivers and shakes and aching joints to red raw skin patches and an ulcerated mouth, all accompanied by a debilitating weakness. It's as though my body, which has coped so well for so long, is finally screamng "ENOUGH!"

It's good news for Oscar though, I wasn't up to taking him for his vet appointment this morning. He loves it when I'm ill. He seems to think I am moping around soley for his benefit.

So I missed all the fun with the boat - now safely in Newark where it's having its engine serviced. When the boys were moving it they met someone who remembered it from 1978! Perhaps it's a punk boat.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Clare - finish line in sight! Lucyx

    ReplyDelete