Saturday 25 September 2010

Wedding bells (updated with pics)


It's a day for happy couples and a night for happy coupling! Emma and Rog tied the knot today. They have had a bright cold day for it up on the North Yorks coast. Emma doesn't mind the cold, being a Yorkshire lass. Nor does Roger, being from well North of the border - hence the tartan.

I beat Hello to first picture publishing rights.

Emma's Mum sent me the order of service to follow remotely, so Rob and I sang the hymns. (He sang Bread of Heaven in Welsh!)

Had my health and immune system permitted, I'd have been there, doing a reading:
"Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things......so faith, hope, love abide, but the greatest of these is love" 1 Corinthians 13.

Emma's brother stepped in for me.

It's not often you see the bride playing a euphonium!

Now they'll be on the champagne.

Have a great day, Cruton and Dodge! I'm with you in spirit xxx

Pics: Jim Lee

1 comment:

  1. Brave girl Emma wearing a wedding dress in the bracing North Yorkshire air! Lovely pics. Lucyx

    ReplyDelete