Monday 15 November 2010

Re-emergence


It's been three weeks since the last chemo infusion so the drugs should officially be out of my system. Recovery starts here!

Have been scanning my scalp for signs of re-growth. Nothing yet. Probably a bit optimisitc. I'm told within 2-3 weeks I can expect 'soft fuzz', with normal hair growth after a month. In two months I could have a whole inch of hair! Such potential...maybe the hairdresser could make me look like this?

Now that winter is here the wig has been getting more of an airing. It keeps my head warm, but soon starts to irritate.  Anyone who invents an itch-free wig could make a lot of money out of the NHS.

Got a week off before radiotherapy starts so hoping to head out of town for a couple of days. Also planning trips to places that have been off limits, like restaurants, swimming pools and the cinema. Anyone seen any good films lately?

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear you're finally on the road to recovery. This is the first time in a while I've been able to comment as I lost the bookmark to your blog. Great that you're planning a few fun outings. As for the cinema I highly recommend "Due Date". It's absolutely hilarious! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can recommend Another Year - Mike Leigh at his best. Also The Kids are Allright - if it's still on, and of course there's the new Harry Potter... happy viewing! Lucyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seen the Mike Leigh film - vg. Will check out the others x

    ReplyDelete