Monday 6 December 2010

First green shoots of recovery


The blokes at the radiotherapy clinic have been growing facial hair to raise money for prostate cancer research. Now they are all going round sporting moustaches.

This set me thinking - perhaps I should get people to sponsor me to grow my hair back - a pound per centimetre, maybe.

A guy I once worked with used to pop out to the barbers some lunchtimes to get his head shaved.  Some of us girls liked to stroke his hair when he came back with a number 1 cut. It felt nice - all soft and springy. My head is starting to feel like this - there's now a covering of fine down about a millimetre long.

Can't tell what colour it's going to be yet. Bits seem blonde, other bits appear to be darker. Hope it's not grey. But I don't really care, as long as it's not green!


No comments:

Post a Comment