Wednesday 8 December 2010

The worst thing about daily radiotherapy

Is getting glimpses of the Jeremy Kyle show in the waiting room. Whenever I catch even a few seconds of this programme I get a sense of abandoning all hope. It's far more depressing than cancer treatment.

I'm with Judge Alan Berg, who sentencing a man who headbutted someone on the show said: "It seems to me that the purpose of this show is to effect a morbid and depressing display of dysfunctional people....some of whom have limited intellects.."

Soon our American cousins will be able to enjoy their own version of this freak show after ITV successfully exported him to the US. They can keep him!

One thing I'm thankful for is that throughout all these months at home I have not succumbed to daytime telly. Perhaps it's all a clever conspiracy to get people back into work.

4 comments:

  1. Not for the first time I applaud you! This time its for not watching Loose women even though you have the time..you are an inspirational role model to many as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare

    How are the ailing domestic appliances which recently featured in the blog? We need to know! And is Oscar back to good health?

    The Winter Solstice
    And the Shortest Day
    With Love and Light
    Not far away

    A The Bike x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HONESTLY thought The Jeremy Kyle Show was a comedy the first time I saw it. Like 'The Office' or similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's reality comedy!

    As for appliances, boiler fixed - pipe had frozen, dishwasher all better after getting new bit, cooker still working to rule..radiotherapy equipment has broken down twice now. Got day off tomorrow while they service the machines.

    ReplyDelete