Tuesday 14 December 2010

Nobody told me

Chemotherapy affects teeth. Just when I'm starting to feel human again with hair and fingernails returning,  I've noticed bits of teeth have gone black. I look like a 'before' model in one of those cosmetic makeover programmes, or someone with a 40-a-day habit.

And this really pisses me off because I've always looked after my teeth. I only have two fillings and these I've had since I was ten.

Google led me to a forum full of horror stories about molars crumbling and front teeth falling out - the internet is a dangerous thing!

Hoping it's just plaque which a few trips to the hygienist will sort. Booked into the dentist later so I'll find out the worst. Funny how despite being cut open, poisoned and irradiated this year, a visit to the dentist can still induce such dread. It's a primeval thing.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck - maybe you can get teeth whitening on the NHS! Lucyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be worse...what f your post-chemo hair grows back like the dentist in this cartoon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No decay - hooray! Just tartar and staining caused by chemo drying up saliva which is a natural cleaning agent.

    ReplyDelete