Monday 12 July 2010

The artist's way

Charlie (the artist): "Look at my ear."

me: "Your ear's not very interesting."

Charlie: "You can't concentrate for two minutes. You agreed to sit for me so you must be prepared to go through some pain, so sit STILL and look at my ear."

me: "You could at least have got some piercings."

Charlie - looking at picture and shaking his head: "This is going to be a bit intimidating,"

Me: "For who?"

Charlie: "For people looking at it. It's a bit Freddy Krueger."

Great.

He's coming back today for a second sitting. Here is the painting so far. It's NOT flattering!

6 comments:

  1. I kinda like it.

    -- Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that look. Its an "I am not convinced you know what you are doing, but I will wait and see what happens" look. I see it a lot...

    JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like it
    love from em

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't look like that any more. He changed the hair to reflect my new shorn look - and made it worse. He's taken it home to work on it from photographs. Not convinced he knows what he is doing....

    ReplyDelete