Saturday 10 July 2010

Paranoid

First time out in public wearing a wig and EVERYONE can tell.

Today, I can read minds, and they're all thinking: "that's a wig!" Every single person's laughing at me - or worse - pitying me.

"It looks great" they tell me at the hairdressers. But they're lying.

Walking down the street on the hottest day of the year, I'm itching to pull the thing off. Then in the taxi with the windows open it's in danger of being blown away. I hang onto my head, and the taxi driver knows. He's thinking "keep your hair on!"

The woman in the wig shop said it would 'settle down'. I hope she's right.

Looking forward to four months time when my real hair grows back thicker than before.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you just FEEL everyone knows. Anyway - plenty of wig tape? Talc-ed your head and wig before wearing?

    Girls wear wigs for club nights out too you know - so it is a fashion thing not just an I'm-bald thing. Maybe you should have got a hot pink or cobalt blue one? Or maybe get one NOW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wore it again yesteday for several hours and no-one took a blind bit of notice so paranoia over now. It looks better with a hat, actually, so time to invest in lots of hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your first wig outing - and on such a hot day. Saturday was such a scorcher that it was even hard enough at times to keep clothes - caught Rick trying to water the lawn in his underpants. Only got him to cover up after threatening him with public decency laws....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have reason to believe 90% of Liverpool females wear hair extensions which are basically wigs. No one could possible tell you were wearing a wig.But you'll soon get used to it. :-)

    ReplyDelete