Sunday 20 June 2010

Unlikely remedies

Amazed at how well I feel. Apart from slight nausea last night, for which I found some new cures (eating sweet baby carrots and playing swingball) I've been fine. In hangover terms it's about a Class D.

I probably feel a whole lot better than certain people; BP's Tony Hayward, Fabio Capello and the whole of the England squad to name a few. Not really following it but gather it's all going abit belly-up. Slovenia look pretty good to me, so I suppose if it's all over come Wednesday there will be lots of red and white wigs going cheap - in case I fancy a change.

Someone said the other day: "Lucky you being off work during the world cup." So I said: "Wanna swap places?"

Perhaps I could use all this injury time to get into football, but not sure I could cope with the constant drone in b-flat major. Now Wimbledon is a different matter...

Have been wandering round the Sherwood Art Week trail. All the businesses join in and display artwork. It brightens up the drabbest of shopfronts.

6 comments:

  1. Glad the effects haven't been too bad so far - and baby carrots and swingball ? Inspired ! You need to share this with the NHS.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you! Keep fighting and keep writing! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. eating carrots whilst playing swingball - make sure the health and safety exec don't hear of it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a health and safety exec press officer, I say go for it! Now, if you were doing it naked while juggling with fire, I may have to slap a prohibition notice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But a girl has to have a hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When will we have the pleasure of seeing an artistically-painted ID picture of you with wig, displayed in Sherwood Police Station?

    Keep swinging yer carrot...

    Andrew M

    ReplyDelete