Thursday 14 October 2010

Christmas is coming

Showed up at chemo clinic feeling de-mob happy only to learn that although the neutrophils are up my liver is malfunctioning again so they delayed the final treatment till next Friday (22nd).

Bummer!

Also this week had a chat with the radiotherapy man about the next phase of treatment and discovered I have to have five weeks' worth (25 sessions), not two as I had previously thought.

Radiotherapy is, from all accounts, a doddle compared with chemo, but it involves daily trips to the hospital. This will start four weeks after the last chemo.

Which, by my reckoning, will mean my last ever treatment will be on Christmas Eve. Could be cause for a celebration - liver permitting!

3 comments:

  1. Media Tart!!

    Great piece in the Post today - well done
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, can u scan and upload the Post article, either here on on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er ... the above request was from Dave in HK.

    ReplyDelete