Tuesday 5 October 2010

Reunited

This is Oscar with his namesake Oscar 2 - who has recently come home after spending the past 18 months on my desk at work.

My boss brought him round last week with the rest of my personal effects. I've now officially left that Department and transferred back to the bit of Government I worked in before (for complicated reasons involving austerity measures and office closures.)

He also brought gifts, a card, and lots of nice Spanish food, so we had a little leaving lunch here. Thankfully chorizo is one of the things I can still taste.

Oscar 2 is full of beans, and handy for throwing at people. In a previous workplace, he was banned from my workstation because he didn't conform to the clear desk standard. You were allowed one photograph but no soft toys.

Talking of former colleagues, the Nottingham Post is coming to interview me tomorrow for a feature for breast cancer awareness month. Their feature writer is a girl I used to work with 20 years ago when I was a reporter. It will be good to catch up. They're sending a photographer too - better spruce up the wig!

4 comments:

  1. The resemblance is remarkable.

    Are they by any chance related?

    -- Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. who bought the chorizo - oscar 2 or your boss?
    by the way, those clear desks might have been paving the way for us to get used to austerity...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Clare and blog followers

    I hope the newspaper interview was a positive experience?

    How many jokes can we make about Oscar Wilde and Cat Stevens?

    Alright then, I will get my coat and let myself out!

    Andrew the Bike

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 I did wonder whether Oscar 2 might be Oscar's long lost b*****d son, but highly unlikely given that the vet took away his capability at a young age.
    2. Boss brought the chorizo but Oscar 1 tried to steal it.
    3. Newspaper interview was nice. I knew the photographer too so it was a bit of a reunion. Will post the feature online when they run it - might be next week.

    ReplyDelete