Wednesday 27 October 2010

Tattooed lady

Today I go for radiotherapy planning. They will put me in a 'big doughnut' (CT scanner) to map out where everything is.

They will also give me tattoos to show them where to point the beams.

Question is, what designs to go for? A tasteful flower, discrete butterfly, or an anchor, perhaps? I'm rather taken with the Japanese bird motif below.
Yesterday I popped into town to visit a former colleague who is retiring. During her career she has been down a mine with Princess Anne, gone shoe shopping with Raisa Gorbachev, and met Nelson Mandela. She had thank you letters from three former Prime Ministers.

It was good to see her and others I used to work with. Now that chemo is over I have a sense of re-emerging into the world. Lots to look forward to, not least being able to go to 'gatherings'. Christmas is coming -  perhaps I should go for a festive tat...

3 comments:

  1. there will soon be lots of festive tat around!
    My freind had a tatoo on her backside so that when she is 90 in a nursing home and carers rubbing her bedsores they will know she once had a life..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tattoo is for life not just for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a red nose. You can't get more festive than Rudolph!

    ReplyDelete