Monday 11 October 2010

Waiting Game

I am patient - in every sense of the word. Still in hospital. Waiting for neutraphils (white cells) to increase; for red cells to stabilise and for my bone marrow to start producing more cells. Production is slow - yesterday I had 0.2 neutraphils. I need at least 1.0 before they'll let me out.


I feel fine actually. Nice ward. Own room. I've stayed in worse hotels. Food leaves a bit to be desired but visitors have been supplementing with fresh fruit, cake and home-made soup.

I've been killing time with frequent forays off the ward. I am getting to know this site quite well. Yesterday John and I made a great escape off the hospital campus to Mill Lakes. It was a gorgeous day, like summer.

Waiting for today's blood results. Fingers crossed I'll get out soon. Just have to be patient....

1 comment:

  1. I think you secretly like hospital food! You keep going back for more! Hope you get out soon. Lucyx

    ReplyDelete