Tuesday 4 May 2010

"I don't want no chemo shit!"

Overheard in the results clinic. The girl who said it only looked about 19.

If you are going to have breast cancer, I think my sort of age (mid-40 something) is the optimum time to get it because:
- you are more confident in your body so losing a breast is less important
- menopause-inducing treatment is less of an issue because that's the way you're headed anyway
- you are still young enough and strong enough for your body to cope
- chances are you're in a solid enough relationship by now to take the strain.

JP's back at work today so I'm fending for myself. Each day brings little triumphs on the recuperation road - yesterday's were walking round Mill Lake and having sufficient dexterity to put my contact lenses in. Recovery from the op is of course just the end of the beginning. Phase 2 will be determined next week by Miss Bello's Black Box. Fingers crossed for a low-grade, non-invasive cancer. I don't want no chemo shit either!

3 comments:

  1. We'll be keeping everything crossed for you. I think you are doing amazingly well.
    Lucy Dxx ps did you get your exercise bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we picked up an exercise bike in an ex-catalogue shop in town. I am using it to put visitors through their paces! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh the lodger here is now relieved she moved out before the exercise bicycle moved in!!! Perhaps you should hook it up to the kettle? Bec xxx

    ReplyDelete