Sunday 16 May 2010

On the road

Driving again - Hoorah! Both the boat and the car.

Yesterday was a lovely day spent tootling around on the river. We took Rob with us as crew - seen here taking a fag break on the front. I hardly thought about cancer all day. I was mostly a figurehead crew member - steered a bit but didn't touch locks or ropes.

In the evening I had a look at some of the cancer internet forums. These can be a mixed blessing. While it's reassuring to find others have similar symptoms and side effects, there are some horror stories out there. I googled "is there an alternative to chemotherapy?" and found reams of stuff about the toxic effects of conventional treatment. All very well, but the alternative world does not, in the case of cancer, seem to offer a viable alternative.

It's a balance between becoming as well informed as possible and focusing on things other than the illness. I don't want to become a person consumed - physically or mentally - by cancer.

3 comments:

  1. Good to have you mobile again! Sure you'll be up and running again soon too. Lucyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whilst this is good news, you do not mention the violin playing...how is that coming along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I still can't play the violin. Perhaps I should mention this at the next appointment.

    ReplyDelete