Wednesday 12 May 2010

Reasons to be cheerful

At the risk of sounding like some ghastly Pollyanna, I've been trying to spin some positives out of this chemo conundrum:
1. I'll get more time off work (although perversely, I'm kind of missing work)
2. Summer is a good time to be recuperating
3. I can have fun with wigs
4. There is an unofficial support network of chemo veterans and others emerging around me. They are with me all the way. (Thanks - you know who you are!)
5. I won't have to shave for a bit
6. Oscar is happy when I'm off
7. More time to pursue my dream of becoming a writer.
That's all I can think of at the moment. Four more than Ian Dury anyway.

Not sure this is working. It still feels crap. But a cognitive behaviour therapist would say just think the thoughts, you don't have to feel them. Your subconscious mind will follow.

Meanwhile Sherwood is full of bluebells. These are the ones in our garden.

I'm off to the Indian Community Centre at lunchtime with Jules. You can get a decent curry there for £3!

3 comments:

  1. 8 - five years of Cameron as PM, you'll be tearing your hair out anyway ....

    Keep cheerful, we're all rooting for you
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bluebells are spanish interlopers you know!x but enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, these bluebells, coming over here, taking our soil!

    ReplyDelete