Sunday 2 May 2010

Visiting hours


In hospital, visitors weren't allowed until 2.30pm and flowers were forbidden. No such restrictions exist here, and we're running out of vases. It's like a continual house party in which I am allowed to be a crap host. Guests sort themselves out and don't think it rude if I zone out for a while and have a little snooze.

One recent visitor put me to sleep intentionally. She is a hypnotherapist and ran a special session for me in which we deflated bubbles of negativity. It was nice. The session lasted half an hour but seemed much less.

People are very generous at times like this and have given freely of their time and expertise. I am fortunate in having among my friends a physio, a doctor, a yoga teacher, a hypnotherapist, an Indian Head masseuse and several cancer survivors, not to mention all the people who are just good to talk to. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. no flowers allowed in the hospital???????? That is ridiculous. At least your home now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers can bring infection in with them apparently. They're very strict on things like that these days. Never mind, plenty of flowers in the house and garden at the mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Peter Smith here - feel free to ring me for a natter (07876 407482)and also let me know when you feel up to a visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Peter, I'll text you my no. Up for visitors any time really - maybe the weekend might be best if you're around. C

    ReplyDelete